Day Questions

Is Opera halal to listen to?

Since it involves songs and music which usually causes ‘tarab’ then it is prohibited to listen to it. ‘Tarab’ means the psychological interaction with the music or singing, whether it leads to joy, sadness, pride or any other emotion.

Is it obligatory to seek the permission of the girl's mother or brother for marriage if her father has died?

If her father and paternal grandfather have died, then there is no need to seek the permission of any of her relatives.

Would you please comment on chapter 35 verse 32: it says that \"Allah chose some to inherit the Quran and among them are ones who wrong themselves and some who are good in deeds\". Who are the ones that wrong themselves?

It was reported in the narrations of Ahlulbait the explanation of this verse. Those elected ones to inherit the book are Ahlulbait and their descendants. What appears from the narrations is that the one who outstrip (others) through good deeds is the Imam, and the ones with good deeds is the one with high rank in faith and in good conduct, and the one who wrong themselves is the ones with shortcomings but without refusal to the truth or call for misguidance.

If a child has been beaten, should he have to receive the Diyah immediately or after reaching the age of adulthood? Will the received Diyah be subjected to Khums?

The Diyah is supposed to be paid to the child right away unless the guardian sees it in the best interests of the child to postpone it. There is no Khums in the Diyah.